If you are lucky enough to be in Sydney for the weekend, there is no better place to spend your Saturday night than in one of the city’s vibrant suburbs. Unwind with a glass of wine while taking in stunning harbour views or hit the streets and discover what lies around each corner. We have put together some top local spots across our beautiful suburbs.
We kick off in the Redfern and nearby Waterloo region. This is a popular choice for students and young professionals, which means it’s usually teeming with fun and interesting bars and cafes to satisfy all tastes.
Catch up on gossip with friends over a latte or an iced cappuccino at one of the many hip cafes like Ebenezer Place (a vegetarian cafe), Indiarella (for cheese lovers) or Bohemein Cafe (if you really want to mix it up).
For something stronger, try The Winery or Mr Percy. To party into the night, head to Frisky Rascals where you can dance ’til dawn under UV lights. you will find lots of people from Redfern but be aware as the night goes on lots of people from other suburbs go here as well so you might find yourself sharing a cab home or catching a train.
Or if you want to keep things simple, have a pizza at one of the many local restaurants and spend your time people watching in Redfern Park, Stanmore Bay Park or The Block.
For those looking for a romantic evening with spectacular views should head to Manly Wharf Bar and Restaurant where you can enjoy amazing harbour views over a glass of wine. If it’s the weekend don’t forget to book ahead to secure your table!
– Newtown has long been known as one of Sydneys most creative suburbs – so it will come as no surprise that its bars, cafes and restaurants are diverse and exciting. You can’t go wrong but here are three not to miss… The Courtyard, Neon Parc & Brooklyn Social
– Not far from Circular Quay, the Rocks area is home to some of Sydney’s most beautiful heritage buildings that date back to colonial times. Spend an evening shopping, dining and exploring this historic district… The Goods Line , Australian Hotel & Bank Restaurant
– For a night out with friends, head to any one of Sydney’s inner west suburbs – they are all buzzing with cool cafes, bars and restaurants. From bustling thoroughfares to hidden laneways, there is always something new to discover. Here are our top picks for Newtown, Erskineville&Marrickville .
– If it is a quiet night in you are after or if you don’t want to stray too far from home then try an inner city suburb near you. We have put together some of our favourite ones around St Leonards, Chatswood &Waverton .
– If you are celebrating a special event then there is no better place to spoil yourself. Each harbourside suburb offers its own unique vibe with fabulous restaurants, bars and cafes where you can celebrate in style… Rose Bay , Balmoral & The Spit .
And if you think you want some more excitement in your life apart from this, you can check out the Ivy Société escorts.